KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
Kyocera’s new LCDs TCG070WV, TCG104XG and TCG121XG feature super high brightness, wide viewing angle and PCAP touchscreens.
2. februar 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – The Japanese technology Corporation Kyocera, a leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, announced three new TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens (PCAP) that offer an ideal user interface for a wide variety of industrial applications such as medical equipment, factory automation, test and measurement, and marine application.
PCAP touchscreen technology, the key touch innovation in smartphone and tablet applications, is valuable because of its high sensitivity, high reliability, and ability to support multiple touches. PCAP touchscreens require only gentle contact to activate; there is no need to press hard as with resistive touchscreens. Popularized by consumer devices, the technology is now migrating to industrial applications, especially direction Industry 4.0.
Kyocera will initially offer the PCAP touch solution on its most popular display sizes, including: 7.0-inch, 10.4-inch and 12.1-inch. The touchscreen surface features anti-glare and anti-fingerprint treatments for better performance, and offers the option of either I2C or USB touch interface. All three products incorporate Advanced Wide View (AWV) technology and achieve 170-degree viewing angles from both vertical and horizontal directions. With this, also the portrait mode is no problem.
It’s easy to incorporate Kyocera’s new PCAP LCD displays into compact equipment designs, because no additional components are required to drive the backlights: Kyocera’s constant current, high-efficiency LED driver circuit is integrated into the LCD module, providing the backlighting with a long LED lifetime of 70,000 hours. All three of the new products feature standard LVDS interface, and a wide operating temperature range of -30° to 80° C.
Customers are accustomed to the convenient interaction of PCAP touchscreens on smartphones and tablets in their daily lives; they expect a similar touchscreen technology experience in other equipment.
“We see this trend coming, and are pleased to offer a solution to streamline the development process for industrial applications,” said Eberhard Schill Sales Manager Distribution & Marketing at Kyocera Display Europe GmbH. “Our new PCAP touchscreens eliminate the need for manufacturers to find both, a touchscreen supplier and integrator to integrate the screen with the display – Kyocera offers a total solution.”
The 7.0-inch TFT-LCD with PCAP (TCG070WV) features 800 x 480 resolution, 800cd/m2 brightness for outdoor sunlight readability, and a 750:1 contrast ratio.
The 10.4-inch TFT-LCD with PCAP (TCG104XG) features 1024 x 768 resolution, 1040cd/m2 brightness for outdoor sunlight readability and 700:1 contrast ratio.
The 12.1-inch TFT-LCD with PCAP (TCG121XG) features 1024 x 768 resolution, with a brightness of 960cd/m2 and contrast ratio of 750:1.
Kyocera brings almost 40 years of experience in LCD technology innovation, helping to make the company a preferred supplier of displays for industrial applications as well as automotive and medical equipment. The Kyocera Group is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce the use of environmentally degrading materials and processes in its manufacturing. The company complies with the EU's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces New Wide Screen TFT-LCD for Industry Applications
- Kyocera Document Soltuions Inc utnevner Takashi Kuki til ny konserndirektør
- Fem KYOCERA - maskiner blir høyt anbefalt av Buyers Laboratory
- KYOCERA mottar 10 BLI «Winter Pick Awards» for deres enestående A3/A4 – enheter og fremragende energieffektivitet.