KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
New 12.1” WXGA with 1500nits brightness ideal for easy readability in outdoor sunlit applications
21. mars 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – The Japanese technology Corporation Kyocera, a leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, announced a new wide-format (16:10) TFT-LCD display for bright environments, indoors or outdoors. Wide-format TFT-LCDs provide a sleek, modern design aesthetic that allows more information to be displayed on a single screen. The increased resolution and wide aspect ratio deliver greater detail and sharper imaging, making them ideal for all industrial display needs — including medical, agriculture, test and measurement, and marine applications.
Kyocera’s new 12.1” WXGA (TCG121WX) TFT-LCD display features 1280 x 800 resolution. Designed with the newest high-efficiency power LED backlight, the display achieves a super high brightness of 1500nits, which makes it easily readable even in bright, sunny environments. Powered with Kyocera’s Advanced Wide View (AWV) technology, the display provides a wide, 85-degree viewing angle in all directions (left, right, top and bottom) and eliminates color inversion.
It is easy to incorporate this new display into compact equipment designs because no additional components are required to drive the backlights: Kyocera’s LED driver circuit is integrated into the display module. The new TFT-LCD is designed with a standard LVDS interface and offers a wide operating temperature range of -30° to 80° C.
“Outdoor applications must be readable even under sunlight conditions. The new designed Kyocera high efficiency backlight fits perfect for extreme light conditions,” said Eberhard Schill Sales Manager Distribution & Marketing at Kyocera Display Europe GmbH.
Kyocera brings almost 40 years of experience in LCD technology innovation, helping to make the company a preferred supplier of displays for industrial applications as well as automotive and medical equipment.
The Kyocera Group is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce the use of environmentally degrading materials and processes in its manufacturing. The company complies with the EU's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- SIX KYOCERA PRODUCTS AWARDED “2017 SUMMER PICK” FROM BUYERS LAB
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe Achieves ISO27001 Certification
- KYOCERA founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications