KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe Achieves ISO27001 Certification
19. juni 2017
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands – 12 June, 2017: KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V. (Kyocera) has demonstrated its commitment to data security by achieving international standard ISO 27001 certification.
The certification was presented to Kyocera by BSI Group, the internationally recognised standards authority, following a stringent auditing process. Initiated in April 2016, an extensive audit of Kyocera’s hardware, software and processes has taken place at KYOCERA sites across EMEA, including its headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands.
ISO 27001 is the international standard that describes best practice for an information security management system (ISMS). Certification to ISO 27001 demonstrates that an organisation follows the highest standard of data security best practices.
“We are delighted to be pioneers in achieving this certification,” comments Andrie Muchtar, European Information Security Officer, KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V. “The ISO 27001 standard provides one of the strongest guarantees available for the security of our employee and customer data, enabling us to compete for tenders where this compliance is a mandatory requirement.
“As customers migrate to a digital environment, cyber security is of paramount importance for KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe and our sales companies throughout our European, Middle East and African territories. With this foundation we are well-positioned to comply with GDPR and support our customers in ensuring they adhere to these requirements as well.”
“The ISO 27001 certification proves that an organisation is taking security threats seriously and has defined and put in place best-practice information security processes and controls,” comments Dave Hagenaars, managing director of BSI Group, The Netherlands B.V.
”Being ISO 27001 certified not only brings great commercial value to Kyocera, but also ensures we maintain a high status of information security. Thus, by taking care of our customers and employees we are in line with the fundamental philosophy of our company – to do the right thing as human beings,” concludes Takahiro Sato, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V.
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Formed in 1901, BSI was the world’s first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Over a century later it continues to facilitate business improvement across the globe by helping its clients drive performance, manage risk and grow sustainably through the adoption of international management systems standards, many of which BSI originated. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With 80,000 clients in 182 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
To learn more, please visit www.bsigroup.com
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2017, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe Achieves ISO27001 Certification
- KYOCERA founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces New Wide Screen TFT-LCD for Industry Applications
- Kyocera Document Soltuions Inc utnevner Takashi Kuki til ny konserndirektør
- Fem KYOCERA - maskiner blir høyt anbefalt av Buyers Laboratory
- KYOCERA mottar 10 BLI «Winter Pick Awards» for deres enestående A3/A4 – enheter og fremragende energieffektivitet.