KYOCERA founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
9. mai 2017
Oxford, United Kingdom, 8 May 2017 – One of the world’s most respected leaders and philanthropists – KYOCERA founder and chairman emeritus Dr Kazuo Inamori – will honour a group of leading academics and dignitaries on Tuesday by opening the inaugural Kyoto Prize lectures at Oxford University.
His opening lecture, titled ‘From a Society of Greed to a Society of Altruism’, marks the start of a two day programme of events which gathers together Kyoto Prize Laureates for lectures borne on the guiding principles of the award: to honour those who have contributed significantly to the scientific, cultural, and spiritual betterment of humankind.
The prestigious Kyoto Prize, first awarded in 1985, honours those who have excelled in one of three categories: Advanced Technology, Basic Sciences, and Arts and Philosophy.
Takahiro Sato, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V, said: “The Kyoto Prize is a world-renowned award which celebrates positive human impact on the world around us. At KYOCERA, we are proud that its guiding principles form the essence of our company, very much in the mould of our founder Dr Inamori.”
The Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures will take place at the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University, on May 9-10.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2016, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.48 trillion yen (approx. USD 13.1 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
- KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces new Silicon Nitride Igniter for residential Gas Furnace
- KYOCERA develops far infrared camera module for automotive applications and security
- electronica 2016: Kyocera presents brand new technologies for the automotive industry
- Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA introduces New Wide Screen TFT-LCD for Industry Applications
- Kyocera Document Soltuions Inc utnevner Takashi Kuki til ny konserndirektør
- Fem KYOCERA - maskiner blir høyt anbefalt av Buyers Laboratory
- KYOCERA mottar 10 BLI «Winter Pick Awards» for deres enestående A3/A4 – enheter og fremragende energieffektivitet.